1. I was a litigation paralegal for a major Boston law firm for ten years. Was about to apply to law school, when I realised all my lawyer friends were desperately unhappy. Working with children is a lot like working with second-year associates, but with more pee.
2. I get dizzy on long, steep escalators. I'm working to overcome this, and my goal is to do a zipline in Alaska this summer.
3. I love to sing, have "a pretty voice" but never studied voice. It's a regret, because I so enjoy singing. Maybe someday.
4. I first met my husband when I was 16 years old. We married 14 years later.
5. I prefer lemon desserts to chocolate ones.
6.I wake up before 5:30 every morning.
7. I'm not at all bothered by blood. I remain strangely calm in emergencies, and quietly freak out afterward.
8. I haven't watched tv since Sorkin left The West Wing.
9. I look just like my mother.
10. Isaac Asimov once pinched my grandmother. It's a long story.