Just for the record, planning for two almost back-to-back trips is insane.
*make sure European phone and cards are working
*collect all needed paperwork--apartment info, flight info, train reservation
* collect all Dan's bike trip paperwork--medical forms, flight home, our cellphone numbers,etc.
*get phone number of friend's mother in Amsterdam, who is expecting me to call. Figure out how to gracefully see her and still keep to our plans
* book shared shuttle from Paris apartment to CDG
* final e-mails to Amsterdam and Paris apartment owners re arrival
* contact J
* laptop and camera stuff
* Housesitter and Lucy care
* send care package to Evan at camp
* email itinerary and contact info to family and friends
* shut off mail, newspapers
* Pack for Amy and larry--as light as possible
* Make sure Dan packs gear--bike pants and shirts, gloves, sleeping bag, camelback, speedo for French pools, towels, extra contact lenses, etc.
* Send balance for Seattle rental
* Make sure flights haven't been changed without notice AGAIN
* make basic sightseeing plans for Seattle
* book car service for elderly relatives from cruise terminal to airport
* Send balance for Juneau salmon fishing trip
* Book wildlife cruise for Sitka
* Tell G. to do cruise check-in online
* Decide if I want to do a floatplane trip to Misty Fjords, in spite my my terror of small planes.
* make sure boys have books
* make sure Larry reserved car in Seattle
* contact Marta
* make sure everyone has gear--raincoats and rain pants, gloves, hiking boots
* buy 2nd pair binoculars
* all pre-trip details re house, cat as detailed above