These spicy little meatballs turned out very tasty! I used ground white meat turkey, but of course you can use anything you want. I loved the ginger, mint and curry seasoning, and they were perfect with Trader Joe's Mango-Ginger Chutney as a dipping sauce. The meatballs can be prebaked, and reheated in oven or microwave before serving.
Ginger and Mint Mini Meatballs
Makes around 40 mini meatballs. Can be frozen.
1 pound ground turkey
1 Tablespoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon or to taste Salt
1 Tablespoon minced Ginger
1 seeded, finely chopped jalapeno chili, seeds removed
2 finely chopped Scallions with green tops
1/2 cup finely chopped (save 1 tbsp. for garnish) Mint leaves (fresh)
1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
1 teaspoon Lemon juice (fresh)
1 egg, beaten
Cooking oil spray
• In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except spray oil. Mix very well.
• Wet your hands so the meat won’t stick. The mixture will be quite soft. Form into very small meatballs.
• Spray a baking sheet with oil. Place the meatballs on the sheet so they don’t touch each other.
• Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, or until browned. Turn meatballs over, and bake another 5 minutes so the other side browns.
• Serve on a plate with toothpicks, with Trader Joe's Mango-Ginger chutney for dipping, if you wish.
(approx. 20 calories per meatball if using ground white meat turkey)