I got this idea from a Bobby Flay recipe, and tweaked it. It's a great use for any smoky chile you have around, like chipotle powder or smoked paprika. I added cayenne for a kick.
Grilled Spicy Sweet Potatoes with Lime and Cilantro
3 large sweet potatoes
Oil spray or oil to brush on
zest from one lime
1 tsp. smoked paprike, chipotle powder, or cayenne, or a mixture
1/2 tsp. coarse salt
1 Tbs. chopped cilantro
1. Prick the potatoes in several places, and microwave for 5-5 minutes until just fork-tender but not soft. Let cool.
2. Slice into thick rounds or ovals, keeping skin on (this helps them stay together)
3. Spray a grilling pan, or brush it with oil. Lay the potato slices on the pan, and spray or brush the tops with oil.
4. Grill on both sides on a hot grill until browned and cooked through.
5. Remove to serving plate, mix together the rest of the ingredients, and sprinkle on the slices.