1. Do you like blue cheese? only Dragon's Breath Blue.
2. Have you ever smoked a cigarette? Alas yes, but not for 15+ years.
3. Do you own a gun? Nope.
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? Er, what's Sonic?
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No...oh wait, does this include mammograms? ;)
6. Do you like hot-dogs? No but will choke 'em down in a pinch.
7. Favorite Christmas Song? "We Three Kings of Orient Are" by Mojo Nixon & The Toadliquors! Seriously though, I'd say Kendall Payne's version of "O Come O Come Emmanuel".
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? A big glass of water chased with a cup of black coffee.
9. Can you do push-ups? Of course...well, a few...ok, maybe one or two.
10. What’s your favorite meal? I don't really have a favourite meal, it really depends on my mood and the season...one fave would be fish chowder and hot buttered biscuits, with blueberry crisp for dessert...but only if my mom made the crisp 'cause I suck at crisp-making.
11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? The small silver cross Dave gave me because he entirely supports my faith journey even though he doesn't share it.
12. Favorite hobby? Reading (except if we're talking 'obsession', in which case I change my answer to "Italy")
13. Do you work with people who idolize you? Of course, who wouldn't idolize me?! ;)
14. Name a trait that you hate about yourself? Hate? Nothing...but I'm not so fond of my annoying moments of insecurity.
15. (this question seems to be missing...)
16. Middle name? Margaret (which is also the name of my mother...and my mother-in-law...and my step-mother...Twilight Zone anyone?)
17. Name 3 thoughts at this moment: "Ouch, that coffee was hot." "When are Dave and the girls going to wake up?" "Ooo look, something shiny..."
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday: A book (actually five books...), lunch, coffee.
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Water, coffee, milk.
20. Current worry right now? My daughter's upcoming foray into university life...this is also my current source of joy.
21. Current hate right now? I'm drawing a blank on this one...oh wait, I hate that my husband hates cats!
22. Favorite place to be? By the ocean...in my mom's kitchen...in my church sanctuary...in the Loggia dei Lanzi in Florence...the list goes on. Clearly I'm not so good at "pick one" questions :)
23. How did you bring in New Years? With sparklers and a bottle of Freixenet, out on the veranda, watching fireworks going off around the neighbourhood.
24. Favorite place to go? Favourite close to home place - Chebucto Head; Far away - Italy.
25. Name three people who will complete this? No clue.
26. Whose answer do you want to read the most? See answer to #25...
27. What color shirt are you wearing? White, with a brown moose on it.
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I've never slept in them.
29. Can you whistle? Yes, but am no competition for Roger Whittaker, that's for sure.
30. Favorite color(s)? Lemon yellow, raspberry red, aquamarine, the glowing colours of the buildings in Pisa.
31. Would you be a pirate? Only if Johnny Depp's on board...
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? Too many to name...a few examples would be hymns, Janis Joplin tunes, the Mamma Mia soundtrack.
33. Favorite girl’s name? Miss Ninja
34. Favorite boy’s name? Winston
35. What’s in your pocket right now? Lint...and a gum wrapper.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Jill's responses to this meme.
37. Bed sheets as a child? Wet. Oh, you mean the pattern? :) Let me think...some wild orange, green and yellow concoction with cartoonish dragons or something.
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Deep bruising to my lower back from a head-over-heels fall down the basement stairs in the pitch dark while Hurricane Juan raged outside...it still aches occasionally.
39. Do you love where you live? Absolutely! I love my house and living in Nova Scotia.
40. How many tv’s are in your house? Four, including the one in my bedroom hiding under a pile of clothes. That gives me an idea for another answer to #21...I hate how much we spend on digital cable. I'd live without it, but I was outvoted...
41. Who is your loudest friend? I honestly don't know, I don't really think of my friends in those kinds of terms...
42. How many dogs do you have? Nary a one...our cat Winston is bigger than many small dogs, does that count?
43. Does someone have a crush on you? My husband, I should hope!
44. (another missing question...44 is my age though, just so you know.)
45. What is your favorite book? "I couldn’t pick just one." (What Jill said...)
46. What is your favorite candy? chocolate...dark chocolate
47. What is your favorite sports team? Yeah, I don't do sports...
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? "Shine, Jesus, Shine" or "Hallelujah, Your Love is Amazing" or "Jesus, You have come to the Lakeshore"...there are so many possibilities, but in any case, no dragging dirges at my funeral, thank you very much!
49. What were you doing at 12 AM last night? Reading...and listening to Dave snore...
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? "What time is it?" Quickly followed by "Curses, why am I so wide awake at 5:07 on a Saturday morning?!?!!?!?"