My friend Kelly sent me this...so Kel, right back at ya!
Place an X by all the things you've done and remove the X from the ones you have not. And answer the 30 questions at the end.
This is for your entire life!
(X) Gone on a blind date (the guy's name was Elvis, I kid you not! I had completely forgotten about it until just now)
(X) Skipped school (yup, in fact often with Kelly. Taking the bus into Halifax for the afternoon was much more appealing than chemistry class...)
(X) Watched someone die
(X) Been to Canada (wouldn't want to live anywhere else)
( ) Been to Mexico
(X) Been to Florida (which is actually quite beautiful away from the resort areas)
(X) Been on a plane (and never tire of the window seat)
(X) Been lost (the last time this happened, I'm pretty sure it was me who said "turn down here"...and then we got lost. No matter, we ended up where we had intended to go...sort of...well, it's the journey that counts, not the destination, right?!)
( ) Been on the opposite side of the country (not yet...I have hopes of a road trip someday)
(X) Gone to Washington, DC (just one overnight on the way to Florida as a kid)
(X) Swam in the ocean (the Atlantic, the North Sea and the Adriatic)
(X) Cried yourself to sleep (I am so NOT a pretty sight the next morning...)
( ) Played cops and robbers
(X) Played cowboys and Indians (I was always an Indian by choice, they were way cooler than cowboys in my mind)
( ) Recently colored with crayons (no, but I must go remedy this!)
(X) Sang Karaoke (last time was with Heather at a bar outside Saint John...for those who read the "ice cubes down the pants to foil me on the rock climbing wall during the bar olympics" story, Heather is the same friend...we used to have fun together, she and I)
( ) Paid for a meal with coins only? (probably but I don't recall for sure)
(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't - but don't regret it (no regrets...all that I've done has led me to where I am today)
( ) Made prank phone calls
(X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose (ah, but it's the cheesies that really hurt, right Kel?!)
(X) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(X) Danced in the rain
(X) Written a letter to Santa Claus
And here is one of my letters to Santa...nice to see that I was mindful of others, even while in "gimme, gimme" Christmas mode!
(X) Been kissed under the mistletoe (not always pleasant...there are a lot of overly enthusiastic drunks out there...)
(X) Watched the sunrise with someone you care about (lots of times, although I'm guessing on the drive into work with Dave isn't quite the scenario this question has in mind!)
(X) Blown bubbles (Oooo I like Bubbles!!!)
(X) Gone ice-skating (although the NHL will never come a-knockin' on my door...)
(X) Been skinny dipping outdoors (don't you just hate it when someone calls the police?! Kelly and Dave were both among those present for that little episode...)
(X) Gone to the movies (er, Mamma Mia anyone?!)
1. Any nicknames? several friends call me Annie, my sister calls me Anyan, my daughter's best friend calls me Mommy2, my friend "Ozzie" calls me "Hogie"...also over the years I have been called Annabelle, Annibal the Cannibal, Annbolyn...and when I worked at the university, all the foreign students called me "Anna" because they didn't realize the "e" on the end of Anne is silent.
2. Mother's Name? Margaret (also my mother-in-law's name and my step-mother's name and my middle name)
3. Favorite drink? Water
4. Tattoo? No
5. Body Piercing? Just ears
6. How much do you love your job? Not even one little bit (I do like being in the public service, mind you...just not my current job)
7. Birthplace? Wolfville, Nova Scotia (is this why I love full moons so much?!)
8. Favorite vacation spot? Show of hands, who can answer this without my saying it out loud?!
9. Ever been to Africa? No
10. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? No, but I have had ice cream for dinner...more than once.
11. Ever been on TV? Not that I know of, at least not other than in a background shot
12. Ever stole a traffic sign? Not that I recall...although I wouldn't swear to it.
13. Ever been in a car accident? Yes...it wasn't fun.
14. Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? 4
15. Favorite salad dressing? Greek
16. Favorite pie? fruit of some sort, preferably with ice cream
17. Favorite number? 17 (same as Kelly...and Kevin...and Dave...and Keith...and...it's a cult thing!)
18. Favorite movie? JC Superstar or Sound of Music
19. Favorite holiday? Easter
20. Favorite dessert? ice cream (or when I'm in my favourite vacation spot - gelato!!)
22. Favorite day of the week? Sunday
23. Favorite brand of body wash? Dove, although I normally prefer a bar to body wash
24. Favorite toothpaste? Sensodyne...I'd be in so much pain without it
25. Favorite smell? the combination of cut grass and lawnmower gas...reminds me of Grampy's shed
26. What do you do to relax? read, especially in the jacuzzi...or hang out with friends/family
28. How do you see yourself in 10 years? no idea (oh wait, maybe on that road trip across Canada!)
29. Furthest place you will send this message? counting my blog readers, Australia
30. Who will respond to this the fastest? Hmm, can't think of anyone who will actually do the full quiz...but I'll guess Kathy will comment first (no pressure!), although if I had posted this in the evening, I'd say Leslie or girasoli because of their timezones...