My friend Chiocciola wrote a wonderfully uplifting entry about gratitude recently. One of the things she said was "I feel bubbles of joy in my heart when I think about the places I'll go". What an awesome phrase, doesn't it just make your own heart sing out with glee?!" I want to share some of the things that bring bubbles of joy to MY heart...
- the freedom to let my inner five year old hang out with my wonderful husband Dave (who is SO jealous that he can't make cool popping noises with his lips, or wiggle his nose, or cross one eye while looking around with the other...)
- relieving childhood memories with my sister Lynn (who recently reminded me of our imaginary alter agos Mrs. Clevell and Mrs. Benjamin...the former was full of grace, the latter was a crankpot. Being the younger sister, I always had to play the part of Mrs. Benjamin. Until one magical day when I was allowed to be Mrs. Clevell - oh joy, oh bliss!!! But then my joy went up in smoke when Lynn invented an even better character for herself! Too funny.)
- times when my daughters are having fun together and their laughter fills my ears with joyful sound and my heart with happiness ♥
- spending time with my best friend Valerie (We are still growing together and learning about each other, but the bonds of our friendship already feel unshakeable, unbreakable, timeless. We don't even have to be together in person to have fun...we have some marvellously foolish conversations on facebook chat!)
- the wonders of creation (the tangy scent and roar of the ocean, the warmth of the sun on my face, the smell of spring, rainbows, the sparkle of sun on new fallen snow, I could go on forever ♥)
- unexpected moments when my soul is flooded with light and love and gratitude for all of the blessings I have in my amazing journey of life!