Eiffel Tower, July 2008...
I'll give this a try...
1. Started my own blog ~ done!
2. Slept under the stars ~ done! Many times.
3. Played in a band ~ done! Drummer for a country rock band called Black Ridge ;-)
4. Visited Hawaii ~ Many times, 20+...the best place for restorative healing in the world!
5. Watched a meteor shower ~ Absolutely!
6. Given more than I can afford to charity ~ Most of the time...
7. Been to Disneyland/world ~ Nope, no desire to go...let someone else take those little goobers!
8. Climbed a mountain ~ A small one, but a mountain, nonetheless!
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo ~ Once, only...never again!
11. Bungee jumped ~ Not even close! (Translation: chicken!)
12. Visited Paris ~ 2 times, planning the 3rd.
13. Watched lightening at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning ~ Pork roast with salmonella, I think.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown my own vegetables ~ Gardening most years!
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France ~ Twice. She sure is small. That surprised me!
20. Slept on an overnight train ~ Yep, took my kids to Manitoba on VIA Rail
21. Had a pillow fight ~ Many, with my kids!
22. Hitchhiked ~ NOT!
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill ~ Not often enough!
24. Built a snow fort ~ Lots and lots...makes winter more fun!
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse ~ Every time they occur!.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset ~ Ahhhhhh, yes...
31. Hit a home run ~ A few!
32. Been on a cruise ~ Not even close! Deep water, remember?
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person ~ Yep, gorgeous! Wet, if you get too close.
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors ~ Not yet, but soon.
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language ~ A little Italian, a little more French.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied ~ Very liberating, don't need much!
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David ~ Ohhhhh, yes!
41. Sung karaoke ~ Unfortunately, yes...ewwwww! Not good.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant ~ A few times.
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight ~ Yes, the very best experience.
46. Been transported in an ambulance ~ and survived to tell about it!
47. Had my portrait painted ~ Yep, London this past July.
48. Gone deep sea fishing ~ Urrrrrps, too much water motion for me!
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling ~ You gotta go UNDER the water to do this, right?
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater ~ lots of 'em, in the '60's and '70's
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business ~ On my 3rd one...this is the best one!
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching ~ Waimanalo, Hawaii and the north shore of Cape Breton Island
63. Got flowers for no reason ~ Happened on Tuesday!
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma ~ Can't. Cancer survivor, so they won't allow me to donate.
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a cheque ~ Once, when the bank double-dipped my mortgage payment!
68. Flown in a helicopter ~ Not yet!
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy ~ Books count? Lots of them, fortunately!
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar ~ Gaaaack!
72. Pieced a quilt ~ many times...takes patience and time, lots of time.
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car ~ Once. Won't do it again...gently-used is better, cheaper!
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper ~ A few times...never a good one, though!
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating ~ Years ago, on the farm...chickens.
88. Had chickenpox ~ yes, 9 years old. Itchy, fever, felt crappy; some scars where I scratched!
89. Saved someone’s life ~ Yes, in my salon, a woman who went into seizures. Scary!
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous ~ Wally Amos of Famous Amos cookies, walking Lanikai beach, early every morning!
92. Joined a book club ~ Yep, joyfully for over 13 years now!
93. Lost a loved one ~ Way too many...there's more of us over there than are left here, now. That's a sobering thought.
94. Had a baby ~ The best thing I've ever done! They are amazing, both of them!
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit ~ He lost! The judge threw it out of court, saying, "Don't waste my time!" :-) :-)
98. Owned a cell phone ~ Do, now; have for years...business calls!
99. Been stung by a bee ~ Too many times! Owwwwiiiieeeee!
100. Rode an elephant
“When you go in search of honey you must expect to be stung by bees.” ~ Joseph Joubert
Chartres Cathedral flowers, with this hungry French bumblebee scooping up the pollen!