I am so sorry I have been missing in action! First it was work, then I had visitors from the homeland - and then the visitor broke an arm in Boston! So I just got back from Boston and am trying to catch up on work and everything else.
Before I start writing more detailed about the trip, here are some highlights! It really was the best and most awesomest trip ever.
- The hospitality in Puglia. It was not my first time in Puglia but once again I was floored by the warmth of the people. Loved it!
- Hanging out with friends in Bologna. All those wonderful people, so many great memories. Meeting my friends' baby!
- Trento (in the Trentino). We spent an evening there en route to Bolzano, and it is such a lovely place! The town is beautiful, surrounded by mountains and with the most gorgeous square. We had a fabulous spritz on the piazza before the biggest dinner I had in Italy. I couldn't finish half of it! Trento is called the painted town because of the beautifully decorated buildings there. I want to go back!
- My BB in Lecce: Casa dei Mercanti. Well priced, central, super clean, spacious, gorgeous!
- Carciofi alla giudia in Rome...
- Hiking and horseback riding above Bolzano. SO beautiful! Hiking in Norway will never be the same - in Italy they do it right: when you get tired, you find a little mountain restaurant that serves good food and delicious drink. And the weather was beyond belief!
- Spritz (with Aperol.) It gets its own line. It's that good. I'll add aperitivo in general to this.
- Lunch in Mantova: Great food, cheap sparkling white wine, a gorgeous sunny day. A perfect stop between Bologna and Trentino-Alto Adige (although a little off the highway.)
- Having J. with me in Italy! I think we should move there. :)
The piazza in Trento: