Okay, I can't be left out. This All About Me Meme has been going around on blogs lately. I think I originally saw it on Marta's blog Postcards from the Trail.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No, not that I know of.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? This morning, as I finished reading “Kite Runner”. I saw the movie a while ago, but hadn’t read the book.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No. I only print except when signing my name. I always wanted to be able write in that really pretty script some people have.
4. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? No.
5. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I sure would. I would like being friends with someone who would cook for me and share good wine with me.
6. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Actually, no.
7. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No
8. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I have bungee jumped once. From a 200 foot crane, that was in a parking lot, in Quincy, Il. That was before they had the big inflatable things underneath you now sometimes see. Oh, and I’ve skydived six times.
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? If hot, oatmeal. If cold, Go Lean Crunch.
10. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Usually.
11. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Most of the time. Sometimes I surprise myself with how strong I can be, but others times I wish I could find more of that strength. I am VERY strong-willed though. In other words, stubborn.
12. FAVORITE ICE CREAM? I don’t really have a favorite. I didn’t eat a lot of ice cream until I participated in the Sunday Slow Scoopers. As much as I love chocolate, I would probably prefer a coconut, or one flavored with orange rind. Or the cinnamon was really good. I did work at a Swenson’s Ice Cream Factory in High School, and my favorite flavor there was Swiss Orange Chip (chocolate ice cream with orange flavoring, with chocolate chips).
13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? The way they are dressed. Not in a bad way or anything. And the way people carry themselves.
14. RED OR PINK? Red
15. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? That I have never seemed to be consistent in my exercise, therefore my thighs and butt are larger than I would like.
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My dad, and my dog.
17. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Right now I have slippers on, so brown suede with fur lining.
18. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Dinner, which was a green salad with dates, pinenuts, and a little goatcheese. Then a bowl of leftover Caldo Verde Soup, and Broda bread. And a glass of red wine.
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? I am in my office with nothing on, but I hear the TV from upstairs as my husband is watching a movie.
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? I’m not really sure-maybe purple. Or a bright ocean blue. I don’t think of myself in terms of a color.
21. FAVORITE SMELLS? Bread baking. And the smell of wine country, especially around harvest time. And lavender. And peonies. And roses. Can you tell one of my favorite senses is smell?
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? A co-worker.
23. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? I don’t watch sports. I do on occasion watch gymnastics, but usually only during the Olympics.
24. HAIR COLOR? Blonde
25. EYE COLOR? Blue
26. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Not usually. I do wear glasses. I have dry eyes and have trouble wearing contacts now, but I wear them on vacation when I want to snorkel, so I don’t have to wear a prescription mask.
27. FAVORITE FOOD? I don’t have just one favorite, but I could live on bread, cheese, and fruit. And a little chocolate now and then. And wine.
28. SCARY MOVIES OR SAPPY ENDINGS? Sappy endings.
29. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Burn after Reading. Oh, I just remembered, I was off work yesterday and I watched a DVD of Sideways (again).
30. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Cream polar-fleece. Today I had on a silk lime green turtleneck sweater.
31. SUMMER OR WINTER? It depends on where I am. Summer here in Alaska for sure. But I don’t like it too hot, so in the lower 48 spring and fall are usually my favorites.
32. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs.
33. FAVORITE DESSERT? Don’t think I have a favorite. I love chocolate cake. And fruit cobblers or pies with ice cream on top.
34. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? I just finished “Kite Runner”, and before that “Water For Elephants”(which I loved). I don’t have one to read now, although I thought I’d go back and re-read “Animal, Vegetable, Miracle”.
35. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD I don’t have a mouse pad. My laptop has that little red button in the center.
36. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? I didn’t watch TV last night. The last full program I watched was Biggest Loser on Tuesday night. I’m waiting for an install of our new satellite dish, and I only have a tiny TV with rabbit ears that picks up any channels.
37. FAVORITE SOUND? Birds chirping. And laughter.
38. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles.
39.WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Italy.
40. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? If we’re not looking for a hidden talent, I guess my best talent would be cooking. I asked my husband just now, and he informed me my special talent was the gift of gab. One that is a little more obscure is I can remember meals that I ate years ago, and often describe them in great detail.
41. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Missouri