This is a belated recap of 2008. I got this meme from Kim's blog.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Reached my all-time high weight. I'm now 25 lbs overweight.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Didn't make one for 2008. My 2009 resolution is to get rid of 2/3rd of the unnecessary useless possessions in my home by the end of the year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My niece had her second son.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Not yet. But, now it is day to day.
5. What countries did you visit? Hungary, Romania, Montenegro, & Italy. (Our train went through a corner of Bosnia, and our plane connected through London. But they don't count.)
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A passion to exercise.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Election Day. Duh!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? No spectacular achievements in 2008, I guess.
9. What was your biggest failure? See answer to question #1.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Ice cream freezer.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My daughter began work on her doctorate.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? If you can't say something good about someone, don't say anything at all.
14. Where did most of your money go? Travel.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Visiting Montenegro.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? I'm not big on music.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Happier. Fatter. Poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercise
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eat mindlessly.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Hosted extended family and friends.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? No, but stayed there.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Discovered "The Unit".
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? As Pollyanna as it sounds, I really don't hate anyone. I don't understand hate.
24. What was the best book you read? I am surrounded by more than 100,000 books every day. How could I choose just one?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? See # 16.
26. What did you want and get? A great summer trip.
27. What did you want and not get? nothing.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? I've only seen two films all year. Bolt and Tale of Despereaux. I only see movies with my grandkids.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Didn't remember to celebrate until the day was almost over. 58. (But, I immediately started calling myself 59. It's just easier to do the math since I was born in 1950)
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More time for long weekend trips.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Going downhill since I can't fit in most of my clothes, and don't intend to buy more.
32. What kept you sane? Travel planning.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I'm not a celebrity watcher.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Again, can't pick just one.
35. Who did you miss? I miss my brother who is stationed in South Korea.
36. Who was the best new person you met? See my blog entry for the photohunt theme "Beautiful"
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. No new life lessons this year. Just reinforcement of some of the old ones.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. See answer to # 16 & #25.