Our ingredient of the week is avocado. My daughter, Tracey, suggested that I make some avocado sushi - that she has had (many times) for lunch at a Japanese restaurant that she frequents in San Mateo. It is close to her work.
I researched online to find out some Avocado Sushi recipes but I have not seen any that is close to what Tracey has been describing to me. She said there is no rice in this avocado sushi. So we decided to make our version of this avocado sushi.
Eden's Steak and Avocado Rolls (Fake Sushi )
Thin Strips of steak (I cut thin strips from a steak package I got at Costco)
Avocado, thinly sliced
Green onions, thinly sliced into strips
Olive oil to cook thin strips of beef in. I think you can grill these strips, if you wish
Garlic Salt and Pepper to season beef
1. Cut strips of beef (as thin as possible)
2. Season the beef strips in garlic salt and dash of pepper
3. Cook the beef in olive oil until it was slightly brown (pretty quick)
4. When all the beef strips are done, put a strip of avocado and a strip of green onion in the middle of the beef strip.
5. Roll the beef and drizzle teriyake sauce on top of the " Steak and Avocado Sushi Roll".
It was so good, we made more and had some with Raspberry Margaritas.