1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.
I added one extra step - a * next to those I would never try again.
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
5. Crocodile (not sure if I would try this or not)
7. Cheese fondue
Borscht (not a beet person)
10. Baba ghanoush
12. Pho (would have it again if it was a chicken version)
13. PB&J sandwich* I had PB&J once as a child. That was the day I realized that I can't stand peanut butter.
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart* do not think I could eat one today now that I know more about the water the dogs sit in...eeeew
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes (might have??)
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans* not a bean lover
Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
34. Sauerkraut* not a sauerkraut fan
35. Root beer float* nor a root beer fan
Cognac with a fat cigar (YUCK)
37. Clotted cream tea (sounds yummy)
38. Vodka jelly
41. Curried goat
Whole insects (not if I was starving)
44. Goat’s milk (might have?)
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more (would take a sip but am not a whiskey person)
Fugu (don't think I would take the chance on the chef being knowledgeable enough to not poison me)
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel* had eels in Hong Kong, couldn't get past the idea I was eating eels!!
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut (just never had the chance)
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal* loved them as a child but do not eat red meat anymore
57. Dirty gin martini (would take a sip but am not a martini person)
Beer above 8% ABV (I don't like beer)
60. Carob chips
Sweetbreads EDITING this one - I originally bolded this one thinking that sweetbreads meant the Portuguese sweetbread popular here in Hawaii, but after seeing Marta's list and that she crossed this one out, I googled sweetbreads and found out it means the thymus glands of lamb, beef, or pork...eeeeewwwww!!
63. Kaolin (what is this??)
66. Frogs’ legs* eeeew again! tried a taste once but could not get past the thought of it being frogs' legs!
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
69. Fried plantain
Chitterlings, or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
Roadkill (seriously? would anyone eat roadkill?)
77. Hostess Fruit Pie* there are too many other desserts I would rather eat
79. Lapsang souchong (might have?)
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant
86. Hare - EDITING this one - I originally bolded this one thinking that rabbit and hare were the same, but found out they are not and so although I originally thought that I had eaten hare, now I am not sure.
87. Goulash (might have?)
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam* now that I know what is in spam, not a fan
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
Snake (too similar to eels for me)