I got this idea from one of my favorite blogs Persnickety Tutu. Since I'm leaving soon, I thought now was the time share a few of my trusty travel packables.
1. Kipling New Rita Shoulder Bag in black nylon. I have used variations on this type of bag for travel before and it seems to be the best compromise of enough storage space without being too big and bulky. I also like the cross body strap and the fact that it zips securely. Kipling is a cool Belgium brand with a loyal following - it must be the furry monkey logo that is attached to every bag!
2. CAbi Reversible Skirt - I love the concept of a reversible skirt for travel. I brought a short one on my last trip and it was great. The fabric defies wrinkles and when you’re tired of one pattern, you flip it over to the other side. I just got this longer version in a fall colored floral pattern on one side and a subtle animal print on the other. I have to attend a couple of dinners on this trip and I can’t think of a more perfect solution than this skirt. It can also be made to look more casual with a t-shirt and sweater.
3. MAC Emergency Eye Treatment - this super small tube of eye cream de-puffs and soothes under the eyes. Perfect for those tired eyes after 12 hours on a plane.
4. Aveda Foot Relief - My feet take a pounding when I travel. No matter how good my shoes are, by the end of the day my feet are beat. This foot cream makes an amazing difference. It’s cooling, soothing and smells great.
5. Frommer’s Travel Planner Journal - Last trip I used a much prettier black leather travel journal, but for this trip I was talked into the practicality of this one with all it’s tabs and categories and helpful bits of travel info. In contrast my attractive black book had things like mountains of the world and a page of shuffleboard rules, which I hate to say never came in handy. The Frommer’s book has a handy pocket in the front and some business card pockets in the back and the whole book can be held together with an attached elastic band.
So, there you have it. Now I just need to pack it all up and go!