Fellow February blogger Blonde Momentos is the queen of finding memes. Just recently she did this James Lipton meme. I watch Inside the Actors Studio whenever I get a chance and love the questionnaire portion of the program. For my Dad's 65th birthday, I put him on the spot at his party and asked him the questions. He had never heard of James Lipton, so he thought I was fairly crazy, but I think we got some interesting answers out of him.
Now, James Lipton's questions are inspired by Bernard Pivot's talk show questions. They are similar but slightly different. So, just for fun, I thought I would do Bernard Pivot's questions:
1. What is your favorite word?
Kinabalu. It's a mountain in Borneo and I love the way it rolls off the tongue.
2. What is your least favorite word?
Slaughter. Sounds awful and it is.
3. What is your favorite drug?
Caffeine. Especially really good espresso. In fact, I am quite addicted.
4. What sound or noise do you love?
A cat purring. I think it's such a therapeutic sound for both cats and humans. I also love the sound of rain, a nice steady patter on the roof. It would be hard to pick my favorite between those two.
5. What sound or noise do you hate?
Fingernails on a chalkboard. I know it sounds cliche, but it really makes my skin crawl.
6. What is your favorite curse word?
Damn. It's such an easy one to say. Doesn't offend people too much, either.
7. Who would you like to see on a new banknote?
How about Carey Grant? Really, I don't see why it couldn't be someone other than a US president. And he always looked so good in black and white.
8. What profession other than your own would you not like to attempt?
Well, really any profession that requires hard physical labor. Let's just say I would not like to be a coal miner.
9. If you were reincarnated as some other plant or animal, what would it be?
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Welcome to Italy.