We met over the weekend with R&S to discuss our trip, so now I have a few things to take care of:
1. Make reservations at the Accademia
2. Send Sandro of Roma Limo our flight information
3. Check with Rebecca at InTuscany to:
A. Confirm our arrival time
B. Find out if they have a hair dryer (for S)
C. See if we need reservations for Saturday night dinner in town
4. Make reservations to visit the Piero Della Francesco frescoes in Arezzo
5. Contact Cristina to see if she can get together on either Tuesday or Thursday while we're in Tuscany.
6. Make late afternoon reservations at the Borghese Museum (3:00)
As far as the fuzzy days go - here's where we're ending up:
Day 7 - Tuscany
We're going to visit either Siena or Florence today, depending on which day works better for Cristina. In Florence we have a few goals:
1. S, R, and A want to see the David
2. Chris wants to climb to the top of the Duomo
3. S, I and the girls want to shop!
4. Have some wine and snacks at Cantina Verrazzano
In Siena - well that depends on Cristina but I'd like to visit San Dominico to see Saint Catherin's Head :)
Day 8 - Tuscany
Today we're heading to Montalcino to do some brunello tasting, shopping and visit Sant' Antimo.
Day 9 - Tuscany
See Day 7 (whichever we don't do that day, we'll do this day.
Day 10 - Tuscany
It's market day in Pienza so we're going to visit the town, have lunch and call it an early afternoon so we can pack. This night though, we need a special restaurant to celebrate R's birthday!
Day 11 - Travel
We need an early start to day to head to Chiusi to return the rental cars. I'd like to catch the 9:30 train into Roma from there but I'm concerned that may be pushing it.
Once in Roma, we'll return to Pasquales for lunch. Then head over to the Borghese for a late afternoon reservation. Dinner this evening will probably be in a buon riccordo establishment - I always forget this one's name....anyway we'll be hooking up with TravelswithDeb from AOL and her husband.
Day 12 - Travel
We return home today - bummer. We'll arrange for Sandro to pick us up in the hotel and return us to the airport. Yousef will pick us up on the other end and that evening, it will be Chinese food with my parents who will be in visiting from Florida (poor planning) and departing the next day.