Here are the things I'm going to do to help me get there:
- I'm going to track everything I eat and drink on a daily basis (this has to be for the good or the bad)
- I will eat at least 3 servings of vegetables a day and 2 servings of fruit (a good variety of both)
- I will eat fish at least 2-3 times a week
- I will exercise at least 2 1/2 hours a week (which works out to 30 minutes a day for 5 days). This one's going to be fluid though because I want to work it up to 5 hours a week eventually (including weight training).
- I will drink 8 glasses of fluids (mostly water) a day
- I will weigh a measure my food until I get a firm grip on what proper portion size means
- I will record my exercise each day.
Some tools I'm going to use:
I've mentioned I'll be using the old Weight Watchers Point system (put trademark symbol here) just b/c it will give me a good idea of the quantity of food I can eat on a daily basis.
I'm also reading Dr. Phil's book - not sure about this but I'm curious as to what he has to say. I want to finish this by Memorial Day Weekend.