183.18 miles that is. That's how far I rode this week, Monday through Sunday, 183.18 miles It's the farthest (or is that furthest - I never know the difference), I've ridden in a single week ever. Yesterday, I did 74.89 miles - the furthest for a single day ever. But what really killed about yesterday's ride, it was supposed to be a "B" ride. The alphabet is how bike clubs rate their rides and a "B" ride for our bike club means the riders should be able to maintain 17 to 18 miles per hour in the flats and the overall ride should average between 15 and 16 miles per hour. But we averaged 16.5 mph (well Chris averaged 16.6 mph). Now granted the first 14 miles we did on our own and we cooked, riding to the meeting point because we were running late (I left the house without my gloves and had to ride back - idiot). And the last 17 we did after the ride on our way home (but I doubt we raised our average speed on those last 17), which means our ride was bordering on a B+ ride - something I can guarantee you most of the people on that ride didn't sign up for.
But I digress, as always.
Anyway, I thought that 183.18 was significant and thought I'd share some other numbers with you.
- 90.2 pounds, total weight loss so far.
- 10 - size now. Size when I started 22/24.
- 18 years - since I wore the bathing suit I wore today (a size 12 from my honeymoon, which proves there was definitely a size-shift over the last eighteen years and why we now have size 0).
- 36 bust size. When I started, 44. I should check - I may be a 34 by now.
- 10, how many toes on my feet. I know because I can see them now.
- 1,548.65 miles that I've put on my bike since I purchased it - roughly started riding it in April.
- Total inches lost? I don't know because I can't find my original measurements but they're here somewhere.
- Time it's taken? Years. But does that matter? It has to be a lifestyle change.
- 40, the number of years I've battled my weight.
I think that's it for now. I'm tired and deservedly so.