The other day Girasoli posted 100 Things About Her, on her blog, Shave Ice and Gelato. I thought that was a fabulous idea. And immediately set out to copy it and create my own list (before you get in the list know, I have very few good ideas of my own, but I'm great at recognizing others and stealing them). So without further ado, here's my list:
1. I can watch some movies over and over.
2. My favorite movies for this are It's a Wonderful Life, Baby Boom, Ground Hogs Day, American President; Okay I like "redemption" movies. Oh and When Harry Met Sally for different reasons.
3. I've known Chris (my husband) since I was 11. We were in the same home room in 7th grade.
4. I first noticed him a few months later.
5. We became friends when I was 16.
6. We started dating when I was 19.
7. We married when I was 24.
8. Chris is the only man I've ever been with.
9. I have two girls. Anyone who knows me knows how funny this is.
10. I was a tomboy growing up (gi joes, not barbie dolls).
11. I played powder puff football in college, defensive lineman.
12. In high school, the coach of the boys freshman football team saw me recover a fumble in gym class and wanted me to try out. I didn't. My father would have freaked.
13. I went to Lehigh University (go Engineers! Yes, engineers, not Mountain Hawks - how do you change the name of a school mascot?)
14. I was a Computer Science major.
15. I graduated with honors.
16. I live in the town in which I was raised.
17. I was born in Brooklyn NY though.
18. I spoke with an accent when I was angry for many years - think Maris Tomei in My Cousin Vinny (also great movie).
19. My favorite bike was stolen when I was 16 on LBI (Long Beach Island).
20. It was an orange Peugot.
21. I learned to ride a bike without training wheels at age 5. My dad took me to Toys R Us as a reward.
21. I knew (know) all my grandparents. Three have since passed but my Grandma May is still alive (she'll be 95 in April). She's losing her mind a bit now but she's more fun that way.
22. I have one brother. He just got married (second time) has two sons and one stepson.
23. My brother lives in Florida but wishes he could move back to Jersey. Never thought I'd say this, but I wish he could live here too.
24. My parents live in Florida half the year. I miss them when they're there (but they drive me crazy sometimes when they're here ;D).
25. I like to watch TV and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
26. Sometimes I can watch more than one show at a time by flipping. It drives everyone else crazy.
27. I had a blanky growing up.
28. A piece of my blanky is still in my nightstand.
29. I like to eat. I mean I know the whole thing, eat to live don't live to eat, but forget the food issues, I really like to eat.
30. I like to drink wine too.
31. And beer :) C'mon, it tastes good.
32. If right now I found out I would die tomorrow, I'd pull the girls from school, bake chocolate chip cookies, get lots of milk and plop on the couch with them, watching the above said movies.
33. I wish we could domesticate squirrels. Fala does not agree with me.
34. My favorite flower for its scent is the rose, for its appearance, the calla lily.
35. I get nauseous on amusement park rides that spin around in a circle real fast.
36. I'm a Great Adventure season pass holder. Those from NJ get which amusement park I mean.
37. I look forward to and immensely enjoy my first sip of hot coffee each day; it's a ritual to me.
38. I drink my coffee with milk, no sugar.
39. I am a geek.
40. I like all the Star Treks (well except Enterprise which I never got into).
41. My favorite used to be TNG but now I'm enjoying voyager in re-runs on Spike.
42. I played D&D as a kid. Told you I was a geek.
43. All my life I've been in search of the perfect chess board.
44. If I didn't have self-control, I'd probably collect chess boards.
45. I do not own a chess board.
46. My favorite city in the world is New York. I am lucky I live so close.
47. My second favorite city is Paris, Rome, Jerusalem, Florence, Venice, San Francisco.
48. I do not like scary movies. They scare me.
49. My first job out of college was with a computer consulting firm.
50. I installed huge computer systems, the first one, coding in assembler.
51. My first computer was a trash 80.
52. I got into computers because my mother wouldn't let me get a mo-ped (yeah I had $600 burning a hole in my pocket).
53. I had my first job at age 12.
54. I delivered the local afternoon paper (on the weekend, it was early morning).
55. My second job was as a coat-check girl in a local restaurant.
56. My third job, a filing clerk in a local law office.
57. All those jobs were before I graduated High School.
58. My favorite books are Where Late the Sweet Birds Sang, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Pillars of the Earth, The Chosen and Tale of Two Cities.
59. They are the only books (other than children's books), I've read more than once.
60. My favorite children's books are Where the Wild Things Are, Snow White and Rose Red and Curious George Goes to the Hospital.
61. When I was a child, I had kidney problems.
62. I had a cute doctor from Australia at Chops.
63. He was my first crush. I was 8.
64. I am a Yankee fan.
65. I am a Jets fan - that combination is something of an anomaly.
66. I will root for the Mets if they're not playing the Yankees.
67. I will root for the Giants if they're not playing the Jets.
68. I do not know how to ice skate.
69. I like watching ice skating during the Olympics.
70. I am Jewish.
71. I was kicked out of Hebrew School everyday for a year.
72. I served as Vice President of School and Youth on our synagogue board for three years, overseeing the Hebrew School - kind of funny, no?
73. Fala is the fourth scottie I've owned. The first was McDougal, the second Scrapper (Sir Cedric Ross Angus Phillip) and the third, Brunswick.
74. Scrapper stayed with my mom when we moved away from home. My Dad said, "Your mom can't bare to lose the dog and you at the same time." That's why Brunswick and Scrapper overlapped.
75. Next time we get a dog, I want to get two.
76. I've written a romance novel.
77. I've written a mystery novel.
78. Neither has been published. I'm too chicken.
79. I did publish a short story though.
80 I got $65 for it.
81. I think Stephen King is a great writer.
82. I can't read Stephen King. He gives me nightmares.
83. When I was younger, I dreamt of redeveloping Coney Island. I still can't believe no one has done it.
84. I almost drowned in the ocean when I was 5. Never turn your back on the ocean.
85. I was 12 before I went into the ocean again.
86. I get seasick.
87. I love sitting on the beach, reading.
88. As a child I suffered from wicked homesickness.
89. In high school, I'd force myself to visit older friends in college for weekends, to get over it.
90. I play MahJong though I'm not in a regular game.
91. I do own a MahJong set; it belonged to my grandma May.
92. I like to play games.
93. My favorite used to be Risk.
94. I like to do jigsaw puzzles.
95. I hate going to the dentist. But I do love my dentist; he's a sweet guy.
96. My favorite season used to be autumn, now it's spring.
97. I do not like cauliflower.
98. I lived in St. Louis for 5.5 years.
99. I was a Cardinal season ticket holder.
100. One of the happiest days of my life, was the day we left St. Louis to move back to NJ.