Batting 1000 this week. Last night I made this Cooking Light recipe and we all (sans Sammi, who is away and doesn't eat anything anyway), loved it. I sprinkled my shrimp with Chipotle Chili Pepper instead of ground black pepper and I didn't use a grill pan (they're a pain to clean) but a large frying pan (because I couldn't get our outdoor grill to light). Other than that, I kept it pretty much the same and it was good! Oh, and I left the tail shell on the shrimp, next time, I'll remove it.
Spicy Chipotle Shrimp Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (I used chipotle chili pepper)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves (I didn't bother with these)
1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and black pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add half of shrimp to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove shrimp from pan; repeat procedure with remaining shrimp. Cool shrimp for 5 minutes.
2. Place shrimp in a medium bowl; stir in celery and next 6 ingredients (through cumin). Arrange 2 lettuce leaves on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 3/4 cup shrimp mixture.
This came in at 6PPV on Weight Watchers (four servings). I still need to convert my other recipes.
Photo by: Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr. I stole it because I was too lazy to take my own.