I really am a reluctant blogger, and other than my trip blogging last summer, and my cokking entries, I have yet to get into the blogging routine. I am not sure if this is because I don't want to share all that much, or I am routine-phobic. It's probably some of both, but something has persuaded me (maybe all the good friends, good wine, good meals we had in Paso this weekend) to try and get with this February blogging program. So here I am, a bit late, and with the caveat that when our new grandbaby arrives shortly this could all get pushed aside.
I know that I have some Paso Robles stories and pictures coming later, but I thought that perhaps I would try a meme for my first February post, and so here I am borrowing from Candi who borrowed from Girasoli - no point in reinventing the wheel, I like to say.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
In Jewish tradition, I was named for an aunt of my mother's, one who died in WWII - so I have her Yiddish name, which is Manya. Marcia was supposed to be the American modern name; I have never liked it.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
At the end of the movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes, I do.
4. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
I have 3 children; Matt, who will be 29 tomorrow, Sarah, almost 27, and Rachel, 23. Sarah and her husband Matt are about to have their first child, our first grandchild.
5. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I would hope so.
6. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Yes, it's a family trait.
7. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
8. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I'm not a cereal person.
10. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
No, but I also hardly wear shoes with shoelaces.
11. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
I don't, actually, but when faced with the challenge, I have had to be.
12. FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
In my younger days it was Jamocha Almond Fudge but more recently, Cherry Garcia.
13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
14. RED OR PINK?
15. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
17. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
18. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
An orange; a co-worker brought in some from his tree this morning.
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Just the sound of my computer humming.
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT WOULD YOU BE?
21. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Fresh ground coffee, sourdough bread, anything on a barbecue, eucalyptus near the ocean.
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
23. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Dodger baseball, my daughters' soccer games
24. HAIR COLOR?
Gently enhanced reddish brown.
25. EYE COLOR?
26. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
I tried, but I am a contact wimp.
27. FAVORITE FOOD?
It would be foods - mostly Mediterranean, pastas, grilled seafood, salads, etc.
28. SCARY MOVIES OR SAPPY ENDINGS?
Sap over scary anytime.
29. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
30. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
31. SUMMER OR WINTER?
32. HUGS OR KISSES?
33. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Anything with both fruit and ice cream, or else anything lemon.
34. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING RIGHT NOW?
I just finished the new Stephanie Plum mystery.
35. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSEPAD?
It's a view of Positano, which I got at the internet point in Positano last summer.
36. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Love my DVR - United State of Tara, American Idol and Scrubs.
37. FAVORITE SOUND?
Waves crashing on a beach.
38. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
39. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Either Australia or Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt (Israel when I was there) - not sure of the miles.
40. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Not really. I do a lot of things fairly well, but nothing exceptional.
41. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Los Angles, California.