Well, I'm still waiting to find out the date of our Whitney day hike permit. The credit card was charged almost a week ago but nothing in the mail yet. I've been monitoring the Whitney Portal board to see if others have received their permit notice yet and many are just like me, credit card has been charged but nothing in the mail yet. Maybe tomorrow.
I went running yesterday. It was hard. I am so not motivated to run after doing a 10-hour day. Plus it was windy. At least I had some good tunes to run with.
I am also starting to research places to stay and some other day hikes to do. I really like the area around Mammoth. But it looks like we are going to have to get permits for the day hikes in the area also. Bummer. At least it won't be a lottery and I won't reserve the permits until three months before or late April.
I'm also getting excited about our short trip to Tucson. It's only about 4 weeks to go!