« Getting impatient | Main | 4 days in Tucson »

I have the letter!

Finally, it is here - the permit letter. We have a permit for a day hike on Thursday July 29th. That was our first pick. It will be two days before the full moon so it should be nice to hike at night by moonlight.

Now to make arrangements. I want to stay a couple of nights high up so we can acclimate. Mammoth has condos and it is at 8,000-9,000. I posted a query on ST to see if anyone has any recommendations. The night before we'll probably stay in Lone Pine or Bishop. Although, I should checkout the campground at the Whitney Portal.

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)


This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on March 12, 2004 4:18 PM.

The previous post in this blog was Getting impatient.

The next post in this blog is 4 days in Tucson.

Many more can be found on the main index page or by looking through the archives.

Powered by
Movable Type 3.33
© 2004 - 2014 Slow Travel