Oh...my..goodness. There are so good and amazing. These drop cookies caught my eye on Pinch My Salt. I had a package of Nestle white chocolate chips that was just ready to use. The combination of cranberry and orange also sounded excellent for the holidays.
G and I made these today. They go together very similar to a Toll House cookie but the flavor modifications are excellent. I absolutely love the orange and bit of almond extract in the cookie. They would also be great with dark chocolate or regular chips. We cut the recipe in half and they are going to be gone in no time.
Perfect for the holiday season. Make these!
Cranberry White Chocolate Pecan Cookies
From Pinch My Salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
zest from one medium orange (about 1 teaspoon)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 slightly heaping cup white chocolate chips
1 slightly heaping cup sweetened dried cranberries
1 slightly heaping cup chopped toasted pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extracts and orange zest.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt, then slowly beat in flour mixture until everything is well combined. By hand, stir in white chocolate chips, cranberries, and pecans.
5. Drop heaping spoonfuls of cookie dough (or use a cookie scoop – one of my favorite kitchen tools), spaced about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through if your oven has hot spots.
Yield: approximately 3 to 4 dozen 3 1/2-inch cookies.