Valerie, a Slow Travel friend I met in person two weeks ago in Italy, has bestowed me with the honor of a "Schmooze Award"! Valerie and her husband, Bryan moved from New Mexico to Ascoli Piceno, Italy in 2006. Her blog, 2 Baci in a Pinon Tree is a well-written journal of her new life in Le Marche.
Here is the definition of a "Schmoozer".
"This award goes to bloggers “who effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship.”
My "nominees" are the following:
1. Jerry, my friend, who is affectionately referred to as "my twin" has a great blog for recipes, rants, and other fascinating information. Every night is a dinner party in his kitchen! Jerry is coming to visit me in October, and we are looking forward to a week together in Montisi next May. Jerry's Rants, Musings and Recipes
2. Kathy, or "Teachick", another Slow Travel friend and I have whiled away many hours by my pool with wine, prosecco, tea and coffee. She loves yoga, travel, her cats, and of course, tea. She's a chick who is not afraid to say what's on her mind! Her new blog is definitely worth checking out! Persnickity Tutu
3. Sandi, a southern gal, is always cookin' up something good in her Alabama kitchen. Known as "Bugalu" on Slow Travel, she loves to cook, bead jewelry, and travel. I met Sandi and her husband (Brad's twin) in Brevard last April. She will be joining the group in Montisi next May, so there will be zuccherino in the kitchen at the villa! Whistlestop Cafe Cooking
4. Leslie is my Slow Travel friend from "down under". She teaches computing and third graders in Canberra, Australia. She loves to travel to Italy, play with her cats, and shares beautiful photos and stories of her journeys to bella Italia. Kaleidoscope
5. This Kathy is known as "Kaydee" on the Slow Travel boards. I met Kathy last fall when she flew to Palm Desert and was my "mystery guest" at a Slow Travel Get-Together. Kathy and her family have traveled extensively in Europe, but if you love France, here is a blog for you! She takes groups to the Luberon during the year, and is currently spending the summer with her family in France with fabulous photos of beautiful villages. She may even get me to take a "not Italy" trip someday! The Trail's Our Thing
If you’ve been schmoozed above, here’s what to do:
1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that have schmoozed you into submission.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the award.
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Power of Schmooze Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.
* I'm working on this one...I'll post the award as soon as I get the link!