I'm wearing my Mexican top in honor of Cinco de Mayo! I love the whole month of May! Here are 10 reasons why:
1. May weather! It is in the 90's. We have had WAY TOO MUCH winter this year, cold temps, rainy days, and lately WIND, all make for a crabby Palmabella. Give me HOT, and I am back to my happy self. Triple digits this week!
2. May flowers: the last blooms before we plant HEAT tolerant stuff for the summer!
3. The Desert EMPTIES! In Palm Desert, we go from about 120,000 winter residents (the Snowbirds), back to 35,000 people. This means no traffic, parking anywhere, no reservations needed, and many local restaurants reward the "year rounders" with "all night happy hours" or "half price wine nights" during the summer.
4. Brad's Birthday! May 10
5. MY birthday! May 12
6. Mother's Day: This one is bitter sweet, as I always wanted to be a mom, and I really miss my mom, who died in 1984. Well, I have BECOME my mother, and I have wonderful Godchildren, Corey, Chaudra, Casey and Sarah, as well as their beautiful kids, Cadence, Cheira, and Noah to love!
7. Poppies bloom in May, and I have new poppy dishes!
8. Pool time! I have been swimming, exercising, and having a little time on my raft. It feels SO good in that water!
9. A weekend in Vegas. Hoping to be a big winner to pay for Number 10...