I love brussels sprouts in any form. I usually make them with bacon, but also love them caramelized with onions and pancetta over pasta. I saw a similar recipe to this, and thought it sounded heavenly. This is amazing!
About 30 brussels sprouts
1 package of cream cheese (8oz)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons of fresh ground black pepper
1/2 a yellow onion, chopped
3 slices of bacon, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cook bacon until crisp. Set aside.
2. Wash brussels sprouts and remove loose outer leaves.Trim thick stem bottom, Cut in half.
3. In bowl, place cream cheese in microwave and heat for bout 30 seconds, or until cream cheese becomes very soft, almost melted. Add mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, ground black pepper and onion. Mix well, making sure everything is combined well.
4. Add brussels sprouts, combine well until brussels sprouts are even coated with cheese mixture.
5. Transfer to baking dish, cover with aluminum foil. Bake covered for about the first 30 minutes. Then remove foil, gently stir to bring bottom brussels sprouts to the top.
6. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until brussels sprouts are tender and until the cheese topping becomes a nice charred crust. Poke with a fork till they are cooked to you desired tenderness.
7. Top with crumbled bacon and bake 10 more minutes.