There are at least 10 things I want to sample on our upcoming trip to Le Marche that appear to be regional specialties!
1. Carne alle brace (grilled meats)
2. Vincigrassi (lasagna of the region with bechamel, cured meats with little tomato)
3. Passatelli (strands of pasta made from breadcrumbs, parmigiano and egg, cooked in broth)
4. Olive d'Ascolana (I made leave these meat-stuffed olives for Brad, as I am not an olive fan)
5. Coniglio in Porchetta (I LOVE rabbit, and porchetta...oh MY!)
6. Ciauscolo (soft, spreadable salami)
7. Prosciutto di Carpegna
The next choices are all cheese! I never met an Italian cheese I didn't like, so we plan to visit a cheese producer and sample!
8. Casciotta D'Urbino (a local pecorino cheese)
9. Cacio La Forma di Limone (a sheep milk cheese made with lemon zest on the rind)
10. Formaggio di Fossa (a strong-flavored cheese aged in limestone holes in the ground)
Finally, the cheese producer also has a creamy buffalo made blue cheese called "Blue Dadone" that sounds like somewhere between a mozzarella and a creamy gorgonzola! That is my idea of heaven!