I cooked this in advance. I took pictures and wrote about the recipe also. I cannot find my post. I still have the pictures but the details about the way this tasted are fuzzy. This is what I do remember:
• My pointer finger is the best tool to get stuffing down into a squid sac.
• I never imagined myself using a needle and thread to stitch squid close.
• Squid are slippery.
• Tastes mild but rich at the same time.
• Texture of the cooked squid was not tough (A surprise to me, I was expecting rubbery.)
• This would make a nice appetizer too.
• I would eat this again.
I saw my friend’s husband sneak another piece when he thought no one was looking. That is the ultimate seal of approval for me. He does not consider himself a “squid person”.
Main Ingredient: squid
Stuffing Ingredients: egg, olive oil, parsley, garlic, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper
Braising Ingredients: olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, white wine
slicing the squid
squid topped with braising sauce