A hand-held hair dryer is one of the ingredients in this recipe.
The list of ingredients includes rosemary leaves, sage leaves, salt, black pepper, duck liver, a fresh duckling and a hand-held hair dryer. See below.
This recipe took about 2 hours from start to finish - longer than anticipated. The final result was OK. Pic below.
What I liked about this recipe:
1. Well, like many other recipes I've attempted, this was a novel experience for me - never cooked a duck before.
2. I only had to buy the duck - just had to take a few steps to pick some fresh rosemary and sage; salt & pepper were on the shelf and the hair dryer was in the bathroom. Pretty easy list of ingredients. Plus the veggies on the plate, the carrots and potatoes, also came from my garden.
3. I liked the aroma of the duck as it cooked in the oven.
What I didn't like about this recipe:
1. Well, first I had to boil the duck for 5 minutes; then I had to blast if with the hair dryer for 6-8 minutes; finally I got to put it into the oven. More work than throwing a chicken into the oven and I didn't think the extra effort was worth it.
2. Not a lot of meat on a five pound duck - at least the one I cooked.
Would I make it again?
Doubtful - although now I know how to cook a duck so that it doesn't come out greasy.