Vacation rentals in Italy (villas, farms, estates, agriturismo, apartments)
Review 1469: Roman Reference, Via della Panetteria
2bed/2bath apartment near Trevi Fountain, Rome
May 2005, 6 days
This apartment is in a GREAT location - can walk to anything in Rome - except maybe the Vatican. It is on Via della Panetteria which is a very small street near the President's Palace. It is literally two blocks from the Trevi fountain and somewhat quiet at night. Nicely decorated and built - most things you would want in an apartment - plus on the first floor so only one set of stairs to walk up. But with this place there are some catches.
Tons of places near by - supermarkets, department stores, places to eat, internet cafes, taxi stands - nothing more than 3 blocks away.
Nicely decorated and built - most things you would want in an apartment - plus on the first floor so only one set of stairs to walk up. Building in good shape and very sharp looking. Appeared to be about 10 other units in building.
No outside areas/pools/balconies etc.
Most furniture was nice and cute - the beds were rough and the pillows so bad we had to buy new ones at UPIM around the corner. The place really needs a good cleaning of couches, beds etc. One bathroom in GREAT condition recently redone and with nice extras.
Kitchen was small and practical. Didn't really use it but it had everything you would need. Didn't wind up cooking anything at all while there.
Problems or Bonuses
1. It is two bedrooms - the front one is very nice. The back bedroom is advertised as having a window - it does not. It's a stained glass with bars that overlooks the entrance foyer of the entire apartment complex - some privacy there!
2. Only the A/C in the living room works. Try staying cool with the units in the bedrooms not working and running the living room one all day!
3. The sheets/couchs/beds etc. need to be cleaned. I am not affected by allergies at all but my entire family could barely breath here. I think the owner has or allows cats and other animals to stay.
4. It is advertised as having a Washer and Dryer but it doesn't work.
5. I was yelled at by the cleaning people upon leaving for changing the sheets even though I had washed/folded and put them away because the ones on the bed when we arrived were not clean. I was also screamed at for washing and changing the towels.
Agency and Representatives (and price)
How was I treated - Roman Reference was OK - I was dissappointed because I checked in Wednesday and quickly informed them of my problems with the A/C wahser/dryer and sheets that same day. Called every day and faxed twice - was not contacted back till Tuesday morning. This is after calling the emergency number multiple times.
My biggest concern was the woman who owned the unit - I believe she splits her time have in Paris and Rome. She was very unfriendly and was just worried about getting her money. When she was called about the problems on the last day she informed us that "she does not talk to the guests or the help."
Do you recommend this vacation rental to others?
Overall the place is nice and SOOO much better then other apartments that I looked up, but the mistreatment and problems make me have to advise to look around some more before making decision. As in my case the owner was not willing to fix the problems or help me in anyway. I was a not too happy with Roman Reference either not returning my calls. Overall everything booked overseas is a gamble and you never no what to expect - I did feel safe and comfortable when I was there - I also feel that I payed a good price and would have never been able to do the same at a hotel.
This review is the opinion of a Slow Travel member and not of slowtrav.com.
|Car Rental||Hotel Booking||Flight Booking||Train Tickets||Books, Maps, Events|
|Europe Cell Phones||Long Distance Cards||Luggage, etc.||Travel Insurance||Classifieds|
Copyright © 2000 - 2014 SlowTrav.com, unless noted otherwise. Slow Travel® is a registered trademark. Contact Slow Travel