> SlowTrav > Italy >
Vacation Rentals > Reviews >
Review 4987: Owner, Luxury Apartment - Spanish Steps (#342358)
Review by Lisa_A from
1bed/1bath apartment near Piazza Barberini, Rome
May 23-28, 2011, 5 days
- Great location, right off Piazza Barberini (next to Hotel Stendahl if you want to Google the location).
- Quiet. Even though it is in the city there is almost no traffic noise.
- The outdoor terrace is spacious and has a great view of the Vatican, as well as surrounding rooftops.
- Has an air-conditioning unit in the living room (extra charge to use as is typical for Italy) and a dishwahser and washing machine in the kitchen area.
- Building seems secure and safe, with restricted entry.
- Luigi is very nice, was generally responsive to email and text, speaks excellent English, and was easy to meet at the unit.
- Is a seven-floor walk up. No elevator, luggage must be carried up.
- Shower has extremely low water pressure. A very small stream dribbles from the shower head, often only cold water. Luigi explained that the water pressure is low because the apartment is on the top floor. We often had to heat up water in the electric kettle and dilute it from the tap in a stockpot in order to take a "pour over" shower. Can be done, but not what I personally had in mind when renting the unit.
- Is only sort of clean. I'm not a fastidious person, but the bathroom especially was only bachelor guy kind of clean.
- Kitchen not well equipped. Old Italian coffee maker with missing handle. No spatula. No wine glasses. Corkscrew is broken but kind of works. Lots of pots and pans and adequate dishes though.
- The in suite dressing room is a plywood enclosed partition with rods and shelves built in.
- Minor, but would be helpful to have a notebook of instructions regarding use of the washer and dishwasher, location of the building trash storage, etc.
This review is the opinion of a Slow Travel member and not of slowtrav.com.