> SlowTrav > Italy >
Vacation Rentals > Reviews >
Review 5416: Agriturismo La Bruciata, Il Mulino
Review by arlette de rouck from
apartments on an estate outside Montepulciano, Tuscany South
September 2012, 1 week
We recently stayed a week in La Bruciata. As was the case in 2010 when we stayed for the first time, we had excellent holidays.
When you are asking yourself why you should book your holidays in La Bruciata, may we convince you with the following arguments:
Conclusion: La Bruciata offers you a true value for money experience demanding for more of the same.
- First of all the great hospitality and the permanent stand ready to help and make your stay as pleasant as possible of Laura and her mother Marisa is the main argument for choosing la Bruciata.
- La Bruciata is very well located nearby Montepulciano (only a few kilometers from the town). Other beautiful cities like Pienza are nearby.
- As it is located on the countryside it offers you a very quiet and beautiful surrounding with a view on the lovely landscape in the south of Tuscany.
- The infrastructure offered is complete with large and comfortable apartments equipped with a kitchen in case you want to cook yourself. The swimming pool invites you for a swim when coming back from the visits of the well know places in this part of Tuscany, which we think to be the most attractive of Tuscany.
- The breakfast is excellent with daily made local small dishes, all kind fresh fruits, self-baked cakes and self-made marmalade, yoghurts and the Italian cappuccino.
- An important advantage of La Bruciata, compared to a lot of other agriturismi, is the possibility to have dinner (all days except on Sunday) at a very democratic price with homemade wine, which is really good. The dinner itself is from a high standard with an antipasti, a first course, second course, dessert and a cappuccino and can certainly be compared from a quality point of view with a good restaurant except that it is cheaper (Laura’s mother Marisa has worked several years in a restaurant!).
- La Bruciata is located near a walking path going from Montepulciano to the nice medieval village Monticchiello (total distance from Montepulciano to Monticchiello is about 18 KM). La Bruciata is located directly near this path (nearer to Montepulciano than to Monticchiello) in such a way that you can easily walk within a few hours as well to Montepulciano as to Monticchiello. We did the walk to both locations and back with my mother (age 75) which indicates that the walks are not too demanding.
This review is the opinion of a Slow Travel member and not of slowtrav.com.