· Next image »

2000_santanna_01
Sant’Anna in Camprena

 · Slide Show · Next image »

Pauline



Registered: June 2004
Posts: -37
users gallery
Fortified hermitage built between 1324 and 1334 and totally rebuilt in the 16th century. There are traces of the 13th century building on the side of the entrance, in the main door, the little door on the side and in the remains of a machicolation. Inside the old refectory there are some frescoes by Giovanni Antonio Bazzi, known as “il Sodoma” (1477-1549). This was the first major painting commission for the 25 year old artist.
June 2000
· Date: 1-23-2006 · Views: 3,489 ·

Photo Sharing Gallery by PhotoPost
Copyright © 2007 All Enthusiast, Inc.