> SlowTrav > Trip Reports
Report 1969: Five Wonderful Weeks in Northern Spain
By caplanco from Colorado, Fall 2011
Page 10 of 10: Notes on shopping and other practicalities
Good Places to Shop
- Leclerc Sombrereria for hats, San Sebastian
- Zara for good value and good looking clothes, several cities
- Samarkanda for scarves and eclectic gifts, Girona
- Xocolata de Pals for food gifts and great t-shirts
Diana Cristo for jewelry, Barcelona
- Joi d'arte for jewlelry, several shops around Barcelona
- Teatro Liceu gift shop, Barcelona
- Re Born for great t-shirts and interesting clothes, Barcelona
- Adolfo Dominguez for beautiful womenís clothes, Barcelona
- Lady Louquita for a fun variety of stuff, Barcelona
- The No Show padded footies that I bought at Nordstrom are great with both the Josef Seibel and Keen Emerald City sandals. They let me walk comfortably with no friction creating blisters, and you can only see a bit of them on the sides.
- Keen sandals, Teva hiking shoes and Black Diamond walking sticks were all purchased from Altrec.com with good prices and fast delivery.
- Una vaso de agua (tap water) is provided at no charge if you ask for it.
- Tissues are seldom provided at hotels or rental apartments, so buy them at the mercado if you need them.
- Dress in the coastal towns is very casual; anything goes.
- If you go from coastal town to coastal town in Galicia, all of the menus will be the same. It got quite boring after awhile Ė even for seafood loving M.
- If you get a new camera before you leave, do read the instruction book and practice a few times. M hasnít yet figured out how to zoom in or out.
- After reading horror stories about people who turned their rental cars in only to find an enormous repair charge on their credit card after returning home, I took photos of every part of the exterior of the car before we left it. The process at the airport is to just park your car and then go to the rental office; no one looks at it with you.
Calella de Palafruegell Apartment
Discuss this trip
Hotel Abba Fonseca
Hotel Axor Feria
La Casona do Pio
The Tamarindo II Apartment - San Sebastian
Vinoteca Ribeira de Fifinans
Back to Top