What's Was New in 2011 - Archives
The latest travel guide articles are listed. Don't forget to check out our Latest Vacation Rental Reviews and Latest Trip Reports too.
- Rome to Naples via Train: options for the different types of trains, costs, duration as well as suggestions for transportation within Campania.
- Hiking Trail "L'Aigue Brun": detailed description of how to get to and follow the trail to the "shell" bridge in the Luberon area of Provence.
- NYC Scavenger Hunt: Kim and her daughter participate in an automated scavenger hunt through Chinatown and Little Italy.
- Northern Michigan Summer: highlights of spending time in Rapid City and along the many lakes and rivers.
- Breaking Nails in Paradise: Our Olive Oil in Bernalda - Cristina shares her family's experiencing harvesting and pressing olives.
- Italy Transportation Strikes: a new blog detailing upcoming and past strikes affecting transportation in Italy.
- Colleen's Window on Italy: Time Travel to Medieval Days - Collen tells us about a medieval festival held in Piegaro Umbria in August.
- On the Land in Umbria: Bolsena in June - Anne shares some highlights of spending time in this lakeside town.
- Top 10 Food Destinations in Puglia: places/cities to visit in Puglia if food is what you love.
- Rome Airport Guide: updated our guide to arriving, departing and meeting people at Rome's Fiumicino (FCO) Airport.
- Hemingway's Chocoaltes: background behind these delicious candies also known as Cuneesi al Rhum.
- Colleen's Window on Italy: Festa Primavera - Colleen shares highlights of a spring festival started by her friend in Peigaro, Umbria.
- Umbria Music Festivals: Rebecca provides a listing of all the different music festivals with tips on how/when/where to enjoy them.
- Slow Masters : Studio Moretti Caselli - Rebecca tells us about this artisanal stained glass maker/restorer in Perugia, Umbria.
- Wines of Friuli - three different varietals from the Friuli wine region.
- Colleen's Window on Italy: Ode to Gianni - Colleen pays tribute to her friend Gianni without whose help, she would not have found or renovated her property in Umbria.
- King of the Foggy Bottoms: Tim and Rina go in search of culatello.
- Under €40 Crowd: Il Giardino - Diana shares one of her favorite, small restaurants with us.
- Colleen's Window on Italy: Cheastnut Heaven - the chestnut festival (aka sagra) in Piegaro, Umbria.
- Two Wine Regions of Piedmont: Diana Strinati Baur shares her impressions of the Langhe and Monferrato wine regions of Piedmont (Piemonte).
- Breaking Nails in Paradise: The Silence of Its Hills - Initial impressions of the differences between living in Tuscany and Basilicata.
- Where the Locals Go: Ristorante Corsaglia - dining at a great local restaurant in Montaldo di Mondovi in the heart of Piedmont's Monregalese area.
- Window on Italy: Corpus Domini - a floral celebration in a small Umbrian town.
- Orecchiette Lane, Bari Vechia: impressions of the street in Old Bari where Orecchiette pasta is still crafted by hand.
- Breaking Nails in Paradise: A new column from Cristina Pinton about her life in Italy. Her first article is about her family's Chestnut Harvest.
- Window on Italy: Life in Piazza Matteotti - a slice of life in the town of Piegaro.
- Diana's Piemonte: A Beautiful Italian Encounter - three friends walking through town have a serendipitous encounter and view a beautifully restored palazzo.
- Eating – and Cooking! – Gluten Free in Bologna: Experience dining gluten free and taking a cooking class making gluten free pasta in Bologna.
- Where to Stay in Milan: Description of the different neighborhoods of Milan to base yourself in a vacation rental.
- A Driver in Tuscany: Experience using a car service to be driven around southern Tuscany (near Montepulciano) rather than a rental car or public transportation.
- Where the Locals Go : Da Franca: Experience dining at Trattoria Da Franca in Piemonte.
- Where the Locals Go: Introduction: a new series written by Giuanin Roà, featuring restaurants that serve typical Piemontese cuisne would benefit our readers. We hope you enjoy his offerings.
Currently What's New |2007 Archives | 2008 Archives | 2009 Archives | 2010 Archives | 2012 Archives
Back to Top
Recent Reviews and Trip Reports
Latest Vacation Rental Reviews: See our
recent vacation rental reviews.
Latest Trip Reports: The latest 10 trip
Pending Reviews, Reports, Notes
See where your review, trip report or travel notes are in the publication
will be emailed when your review/trip report is posted.